Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Back, To A Degree

So, I turn on my computer for the first time in a week to discover that Tom Tomorrow linked to VeryVeryHappy - adding me to his links page*, no less.

And here I am, in the middle of one of my much-reviled undeclared hiatuses with a handful of shoddy, mostly irrelevant posts at the top of my page. How embarrassing.

My explanation for being away is simple: overtime. It's a pain in the ass, but time and a half pays for a lot of beer. In the matter of Beer v. Blog, Beer wins every time, regardless of the ideological makeup of the court. I trust everyone understands and accepts my apology.

That being said, I'm seriously considering taking a (gasp) declared hiatus of anywhere between two weeks and a month. Not just yet, as I have a few things I'd still like to post about this week (I also have to perform some much-needed maintenance on the site itself - I like all my links to work, dammit), but soon. When it happens, I'll say so, and set a tentative date for my return. It just seems like the polite thing to do.

So. I'm still alive, I still know my Blogger password, and I still think that Republicans are Bad.

Just so everyone is aware.


* Good Lord, what a fantastic group of bloggers in which to be included for this round of inductions into Tom's links section. If VeryVeryHappy ever gains even a small fraction of the respectability of some of those sites, it will have exceeded by several orders of magnitude anything I expected when I started it. Thanks, Tom.

No comments: