Friday, February 21, 2003

Information Request

While I already know the outline, I've recently been trying to fill in some of the details of the GOP's conversion from Eisenhower's party to Reagan's, specifically the crucial years between Nixon's resignation and Reagan's election. Does anyone know of a good book or two about this, at least partially? I'm looking for a fairly unbiased view, not some Peggy Noonan-type crap. And I've already read David Brock's book.

Please make any suggestions you might have in the comments section, or send me an email (the address is at the bottom of the page).

Gracias.

Edit: Maybe what I'm really looking for is something that traces Goldwater Republicanism, from 1964 on; although I'm not looking for a Goldwater biography- it's the movement I want to trace.

No comments: